Auto Insurance, Boat Insurance, Motorcycle Insurance
Serving Greenwood, Mt. Vernon, Newburgh, Evansville, IN & Surrounding Areas
We’re a car culture in this country. Automobiles add mobility, provide convenience, allow us to pursue opportunity, and are just fun. However, enjoying those advantages comes with certain responsibilities; in most states, drivers are required by law to carry certain minimum insurance coverages in order to register and drive an automobile.
Like other types of insurance, car insurance provides security against potentially devastating financial events. If your vehicle is damaged in a collision or in another event such as a storm, flooding, fire, or vandalism, auto insurance will help cover the cost of repairs. If you or other people are injured in an accident that is determined to be your fault, your insurance will cover the cost of medical treatment or hospitalization. Carrying the right auto insurance coverage will allow you to focus on the pleasures and convenience of vehicle ownership while your insurance protects you against the worry of damages related to your auto.
Read more about auto insurance options; then contact your Schultheis Insurance Agent in Evansville to get a quote on the best auto insurance tailored just for your needs.
Whether cruising at an exhilarating pace, dropping anchor and relaxing on the water, or quietly fishing, boating is an immensely enjoyable pastime. Protect your watercraft, and your well-being, with smart, affordable insurance solutions. Talk to your Schultheis agent about the many options available.
Hitting the open road for months on end? Taking your RV for a weekend getaway? Whichever type of cruising suits your road tripping style, consult with a professional at Schultheis Insurance. Together we’ll map out protection that’s ideal for your needs—and you may even qualify for a discount.
Are you a vintage enthusiast or is your bike new? Talk to one of our agents at Schultheis Insurance for protection that custom fits you and your ride. And don’t forget coverage for other important items like your gear and transport trailer. We also have policy options for dirt bikes, ATVs, and other trail models.
Whether you own and operate a drone or an aircraft, you know that aviation insurance can become a very involved process. With our professionals at your service, you can confidently takeoff and focus on your flight.
Why Do I Need Auto Insurance?
Accidents are a fact of life, but there’s not a great deal of damage that someone can do with, say, a bicycle. Automobiles are different story.
Most states require proof that you can pay for injuries or damages caused by the use of your auto. Should you have an accident, an insurance policy can protect you from having to deplete your financial resources; along with the expense of repairing or replacing your own vehicle, you may also be liable for paying for someone else’s car or property and medical expenses. You may also have medical expenses for yourself or for passengers in your vehicle. The ultimate benefit of carrying auto insurance is the peace of mind it provides for you and your family.
How Can I Save On Auto Insurance?
The auto insurance rates you pay can vary dramatically depending on the insurance company you select, the coverages you request, and the kind of car you drive. Listed below are a number of things you can do right now to lower your insurance cost.
- Combine Auto and Home Insurance Combining your auto and homeowner’s insurance policies with one company will save you money on both and may prevent coverage gaps.
- Drive Safely Use defensive driving skills and stay alert when you’re driving. The fewer accidents there are overall, the less need there is to increase rates. For you personally, no accidents or violations on your driving record means no additional surcharges added to your basic rates.
- Carry Higher Deductibles The larger your deductible for comprehensive and collision coverages, the lower your rates will be. It’s best to attempt to balance your payment amount against the amount you’ll have to pay if you are involved in an accident.
- Keep Your Vehicle in Good Working Order Regular maintenance of your car can prevent costly and inconvenient accidents and breakdowns.
- Talk to Your Agent Before Buying a New Car Before purchasing a new car, ask your agent how that vehicle will affect your insurance payments. In addition to the vehicle’s value, susceptibility to theft, and cost to repair, other factors can affect your premiums. The type of vehicle is important also—sports cars, high performance cars, and intermediate performance vehicles usually cost more to insure than regular cars. Sport utility vehicles in particular are becoming much more expensive to insure.
- Shop for Vehicles Equipped with Safety Devices Some of the safety devices available in newer cars include air bags, automatic seatbelts, anti-theft devices, back-up cameras, lane warning indicators, and anti-lock brakes. Safety devices help to avoid accidents and/or lessen the severity of injury in an accident, and many companies now offer a discount for cars which are equipped with such devices. Your Schultheis agent can show you how much these devices could save you on your insurance premiums, and you can compare that to the cost of the options. You’ll often find that these devices will pay for themselves very quickly.
- Payment Plans Many carriers provide additional discounts for paying premiums in full or selecting Electronic Funds Transfer options.
What Kind of Coverage is Available?
Auto insurance has evolved to cover the many different types of damages that can result from operating automobiles.
Your Auto Insurance policy includes several different types of coverage. Some will have a deductible (the amount you will pay before the insurance company pays), and some will limit the amount of coverage you receive. Your policy may include these various types of coverage:
|Bodily Injury Liability
|Covers medical costs for anyone injured or killed in a vehicle-related accident in which you are at fault. It also provides for the cost of legal representation if a lawsuit is brought against you because of an accident.
|Property Damage Liability
|Similar to bodily injury liability insurance, except that it provides coverage for damage to someone else’s property caused by your vehicle. This coverage also provides for legal representation in the event of a lawsuit being brought against you.
|Medical Payments, No-Fault or Personal Injury Protection Coverage
|Pays for medical costs for you and passengers in your vehicle if you are involved in an accident.
|Uninsured or Under-insured Motorists Coverage
|Covers medical expenses and the costs of repairing or replacing your vehicle if you’re involved in an accident which is the fault of a motorist who has no or insufficient insurance coverage.
|Comprehensive Physical Damage Coverage
|Pays for repairs to your vehicle for damage not caused by collision. This might include broken glass, fire, theft damage, or flood damage.
|Pays for repair or replacement of your vehicle when it is damaged in a collision either with another vehicle or a stationary object.
|Rental Reimbursement Coverage
|Pays a flat amount toward the cost of renting a vehicle if yours is damaged and while it is being repaired or replaced.
Some coverages are mandated by state law in order for you to register and drive your vehicle on public roads and property. Some auto insurance coverages require that you pay a deductible – a set amount – before the insurance pays. By choosing a higher deductible amount, you may be able to reduce the amount of the premiums you pay for that coverage. You should decide on a deductible amount you feel you could comfortably pay based on your financial status.
Your Schultheis agent will be able to advise you which coverages and coverage amounts are appropriate for your situation. Your agent will also review coverage from several companies to assure that you get the best auto insurance policy possible at the lowest premium cost.